The hamlet of St. Bonnet la Rivière has about 330 inhabitants and has no commerce except for an “auberge”.
The round church of St Bonnet is special. It is a replica of a basilica in Jeruzalem. At a distance of five kilometres you’ll find the lively little town of Objat with its Sunday morning market in a pedestrian zone.
Sights and outdoor activities:
– Hiking, cycling, playing golf, horse riding, playing tennis, canoeing or kayaking, swimming in open water or in our own swimmingpool.
– Visiting prehistoric caves (e.g. Grotte de Lascaux), stalactite caves (e.g.. Gouffre de Padirac), gardens , the parc of the birds of prey in Rocamadour.
– Exploring medieval villages and towns like Sarlat, Collonges la Rouge, St. Robert and many others and experiencing the beauty of the castles (Hautefort, Pompadour), churches, chapels, tours, ruins, museums and so on.
– One day excursions to: Sarlat, Rocamadour and the Eagle Roc; Périgueux, Collonges la Rouge, Turenne or the Monastery of Aubazine.
– Visites to prehistorical caves of Lascaux, Padirac or Rouffignac and to the Cro-Magnon Museum of Les Eyzies.
– Cultural activities, like the Festival of the Vézère, the jazz evenings and the cultural wednesday-evening of Objat.
– The evening markets of the local producers where you can buy your food and beverage and sit on one of the many long tables next to French locals or other tourists, while listening to the music of a local hero.